Last updated: 18 Jul 2023 | 960 Views |
What is Wood Plastic Composite Flooring (WPC)?
Wood plastic composite flooring is a flooring material that is a combination of wood and plastic There are both hollow and solid, which features the product itself. will depend on the proportion of the wood And the plastic that is mixed together. As for Arto wood, we are synthetic wood that is a mixture of Polyethylene (PE based) mixed with wood powder.
WPC is more suitable for outdoor use. due to sun tolerance More resistant to rain, such as the floor around the swimming pool. Garden walkways or outdoor terraces, etc., with an average lifespan of more than 10 years.
In general, the production process of wood plastic composite flooring will have 2 main steps:
- The combination of wood and plastic pellets
- Forming of wood plastic composite flooring by using different methods such as compression, extrusion (Extrusion), injection molding (Injection) and the use of a nab machine or a heat press forming machine (Hot Press).
- No moths and pests
- Strong and durable and lighter than fiber cement of the same thickness
- moisture resistant (Depending on the mixture between wood and plastic, which one is more or less)
- With built-in paint Reduce the process of painting
- Easy to install, can be trimmed like real wood
- can be recycled
- Non-flammable and non-flammable
- Tougher than fiber cement artificial wood which can do some types of weight-bearing structures